What Was Hot? What Did We Love? Who Influenced Us? The SQ List is a new tribute in recognition of those movers and shakers that make our scene and world a funkier place.
These lists are made up not from public votes but from recognizing those names that keep popping up in our lives and onto SeenQueen.com posts. The lists include people, technology, music, websites and things that we love and can recommend to our peers as being the best of their field in the past year.
Welcome to the first end of year SeenQueen.com Lists.
TOP 3 LONDON BASED DJS
1. PAGANO: Italy’s loss is London’s gain. There is no doubt this DJ & Producer is London’s biggest name behind the decks. He plays globally on a regular basis at all the hottest clubs and events, and when he can he will spin his unique sound here in London. He is also equally recognized for his productions and remixes which has a distinct euro-circuit sound…and his name appeared most as either producer, remixer or both when we asked DJs around the world what was their number one track for 2011
2. OLIVER M: Oliver M is not only a DJ he is also a club promoter. He was responsible for starting the Spanish invasion with Matinee and introduced those pixel light walls that has, ever since been copied by Fire, Area and other clubs in one form or another. He also saved AM earlier in the year by reintroducing it to the gAyLIST and bought Europe and London closer together by debuting many European brands and exporting local London brands. He now plays more on the continent than he does here, but it is his influence and presence which was essential in creating a united Europe of dance.
3. DOUG SILVA: A relatively new DJ on the scene (formerly know as Dougium), he came to light winning a DJ competition then prominence by Djing at various Fire events. His music style, creditability, integrity and sexy looks has made him one of the better and more popular DJs of the new breed and while many newer DJs sell out to commercialism to ‘keep their jobs’, Doug Silva has kept true to his roots and lands him a well earned place of recognition in the SeenQueen.com end of year lists.
TOP 3 PODCASTS (as determined by user click through)
1. OLIVER M ‘IBIZA 2011′ >>Listen/Download
2. STEVE PITRON ‘SUMMER 2011 V1′ >>Listen/Download
3. OLIVER M ‘@SALVATION POOL PARTY MYKONOS 2011′ >>Listen Download
TOP 3 INTERNATIONAL SCENE DJS
1. DANNY VERDE (ITALY)– if a fabulous track was being rotated by the big name DJs on the global gay scene, be assured somewhere Danny Verde’s name was on there somewhere either as producer or remixer.
2. LEOMEO (FRANCE)– There is no escaping this sexy and popular Parisian be it London, Berlin, Asia, Australia or his home town Paris. Every hot and sexy party has at least has had his name on it…and we are reminded with the plethora of podcasts we download from FaceBook. If there is a party, Leomeo name is not far behind
3. WAYNE G (USA) -Sydney, America, London and all those cruise ships. He is London’s greatest export and America’s biggest gain. If there is a high energy remix, a Diva screaming or a dark and twisted but ultra sexy tune in a dance floor…no doubt Wayne G is spinning, remixing or performing. Circuit and Wayne G are synonymous and when he is in London he always plays to an eager crowd.
TOP 3 HOUSE REMIXERS
When we look through many DJs record boxes, certain house remixers and producers names keep popping up over and over again. Sure there are so many, but these ones grabbed our attention in 2011 and featured strongly in our Hit List.
1. CRAZIBIA – Tracks include Back 2 house, Born, My Lips, Bitch Lady. More: http://www.beatport.com/artist/crazibiza/104932
2. BASS KLEPH – Tracks include I’ll Be Ok, Melocoton, Oh Yeah, Be Right There, These Mornings. More: http://www.beatport.com/artist/bass-kleph/9960
3. AVICII – Tracks include Levels, Street Dancer, Sweet Dreams, Rapture. More: http://www.beatport.com/artist/avicii/86436
LONDON GAY SCENE MOST 3 INFLUENTIAL PEOPLE
1. JONNY M – Hailing form Brighton this boy hit Fire and was soon virtually running the place. He is being recognised for bringing the ORANGE NATION, a club group which dominates about half of the gAyLIST club scene, into the 21st Century. Within a few months of his presence changes started occurring. Suddenly they had up to date and active FaceBook profiles, new websites, guest list sites and eflyers. New fanpages and groups were popping up and being maintained… the young and innovative energy of Jonny M bought the Orange Nation kicking and screaming into the world of the social network. It was under his PR rule that All Things Orange became the Orange Nation. Years of similar suggestions went unrecognised until this young blood, who was bought up in the social network world, knew if you couldn’t click on LIKE, no one would know what it was. If it was happening at the Orange Nation the latest enews would land in your inbox to let you know. We aren’t saying he is the creator of these things, but not long after he ascend into the public relations and operations area of the group did we see such an embrace of the digital media….making the Orange Nation a digital media force. His influence is one most recognized in the Orange Nation. Also a club promoter and a DJ…you can see why he is our number one most influential gay seen-star.
2. MINTY– She has worked on any door that mattered, and if you mattered you knew Minty. She was not an easy knock over either…saying hi to here simply wasn’t enough, you had to impress her, prove to her you were worthy of entering this venue and hanging out with all the others already inside. Everyone knew if Minty was on the door, the club was something special…be it small and intimate or a circuit like event. She was the unofficial stamp of quality guaranteed, and when left to rule the entrance way her way, a club could transform night. Minty is the quality control and standard you need to look for when you go clubbing…she won’t put up with bullshit, crawling or flattery from both promoters, venue owners or clubbers….be real, be you and that may be enough!
3. JODIE HARSH – Jodie Harsh is a scene celebrity in the true sense of the world. She is famous for being her and for running some of the most trendiest, desirable and hottest club on the scene. While Vauxhall might get the stick for being generic, Jodie is know for here particular glamour and style. East End meets West End…be somebody or be nobody! Her success with Room Service and Circus plus her latest tour to Ibiza with the former mentioned club mapped Jodie Harsh as a promoter with style, influence and a ‘if you are in , you’re in ‘ type attitude. Not everyone’s cup of tea, but like SeenQueen.com, we aren’t meant to be!
WHO GOT US HOT!
1. JAY ROBERTS– Playtime(@Lo Profile) front man and international porn star we follow his tweets, groups and fanpages…and he in return gives us glimpses at his smile, style and manhood. We sweat, we rock and we want Jay Roberts,, preferably naked!
2. ISSAC JONES– Baby, baby, baby…when we see him smile, the glimpse of his tatooo and him in action….this Pornstar was born to fuck. He has already been removed from FaceBook for just being too hot…a simple pic for us is a smouldering ‘no way’ for the frigid network. Saying that, you can catch Isaac Jones on various porn sites and now on Google Plus where he can show you more!
3. NICK RIPLEY- One of London’s most in demand dancers, he is always masculine, always ripped and is one dancer that actually can dance. No matter what he wears, he wears it well and always a pleasure to view be it at a massive WE PARTY or at LoProfile. Dance and desire were made for this gogo.
TOP 3 GAY SCENE INDEPENDENT WEBSITES (apart from SeenQueen.com)
1. www.fetishpig.co.uk – within a year the site we call our dirty brother has gone from bottom 5 million to top one million websites in the world. With a passion for fetish, like it’s glamorous sister SeenQueen.com it provides upto date clubbing news, pics, shopping and more. If it’s happpening in the London fetish scene, than it is happening on Fetish Pig, with a Google diary ready for synchronizing. They also include their own porn sinema with some of the hottest and dirties fetish films around.
2. www.discodamaged.com continue to provide London with a mixed bag of listings, news and reviews. They are as passionate about the scene as we are, and provide SeenQueen.com with alternative listings. For a great general guide to what’s on in London, especially of you can’t find it on SeenQueen.com then this is the website to visit.
3. www.gregbyng.com claims to have the biggest and most popular group on FaceBook. Attached to this group is his website where you can connect to and vote for various DJs, models and more. It’s a bit of hot look gallery…with various news of parties, podcasts and sorts. It is a new site and it still ranks very low in the Alexa, but it has growth and potential which is why we have added it here…and when the site finds its niche and focus it could easily become a fantastic global circuit resource.
TOP 3 SCENE PHOTOGRAPHERS
What would social networks, scene magazines, SeenQueen.com all be without the photographer. They line the outside world to this world and turn every day people into pixel-superstars. These three photographers have impressed us the most with the quality, consistency and beauty of their work…
1. DAVID HART– everybody wants to be photographed by David Hart. He can make the plain look gorgeous and the gorgeous look drop dead stunning. He set the lates trend for boutique photography in clubs first at Room Service and then at Gigolo. He won’t photograph just anyone…if he sees something in you…the shutter will go snap!
2. CHRIS JEPSON- he is everywhere, and everyone loves a pic by Chris Jepson. From fetish to glamour, from hunky to alternative, when Chris pulls out his lens everyone wants a piece!
3. OSCAR NAYA ED– This relatively new photographer has a unique style instantly recognisable. Utilising photography angles and photoshop he has created some great images for clubs like Salvation…and lands in at number 3 as one of the scenes hottest photographers.
TOP 3 ARTIST ABLUMS
1. IMMORTAL by MICHAEL JACKSON – an absolute stroke of genius, this remix album was done for the Cirque De Sol tribute show, and you have never heard Michael Jackson like this before. A fitting tribute to the King of Pop
2. BORN THIS WAY by LADY GAGA– no other artist has impressed upon the world and indeed the gays more than Lady Gaga. This album already contains at least 6 to 7 hits across the European territory with amazing videos. Born This Way was a powerful statement on so many levels and we recognized this album as Lady GaGa’s equivalent to Madonna’s Like A Virgin.
3. 21 by ADELE – class and style from one of the most unassuming pop stars on the planet…loved both on the radio and dance floor (in her remix form) alike. There isn’t a DJ alive that wouldn’t spin an Adele track in one form and I challenge anyone to tell me they don’t like her. Pure and well earned class.
TOP 3 APPS
1. INSTAGRAM is the biggest photo sharing app on iPhone and soon to be Android. It allows the user to view the world form the confort of tier own home and to see things from a different angle. Nice UI, great users and a wealth of beautiful images. This app has launched a whole industry around it, so when you join Instagram you are entering a community. Warning…it can be highly addictive! >>GET THE APP
2. MOMENTO is a remarkable diary app. Not only can you make regular diary inputs very much as you would in any paper diary, but you can also download your status from a variety of social networks and nearly any RSS feed. It is presented in a easy to read timeline. Diary entries can be tagged and connected to and with location, photos, people from your address book and events. It is your own personal life and social network time line all in one. The diary can also be exported to your computer for safe keeping and similarly restored. >>GET THE APP
3. PATH – this is a relatively new iOS & Android app that lets friends communicate in real time sharing photos, thoughts, what they are listening to and more. All their latest posts appear in a PATH type time line and include a unique ‘sleep feature’ letting your friends know when you are off line and back again. You can comment on each post as well as smile, gasp, love, frown and other emotions. Kind of FaceBook meets Momento… a timeline diary of what you and your friends are up to. >>GET THE APP
TOP 3 SOCIAL SITES
Social networks ia the buzz word of the 21st Century and while FaceBook is the general catch all and kind of these sites, we have a look at other newer entries into the social network arena.
1. www.pinterest.com : The idea of Pintrest is simple…see something you like, you pin it to a board of your making. The board can be anything you want it to be, and the pin is usually an image that links to a website, image or other location. Think of it like a cork board where you place images of things you like, or your desktop full of stickies or even your fridge full pics of your favourite things. Visually it is very appealing and the stie attracts a lot of designers, fashion people, photographers and the like.
2. www.plus.google.com : Google Plus is one of the fastest growing social networks and reflects the the way truly share things. We create different circles of different interests and place people who share those interests. Post can be directed and those particular circles to capture those who may have an interest. Google Plus has a lot of porn, geeks, photographers, graphic artists, web developers and the like and generally is more liberal and reflective of the the real world than the rather frigid FaceBook. The responsibility of content and who they share it with is with the user, so common and respect is required….like in the real world. Video hangouts seem to be G+ buzz at the moment where you can have video chats with up to 10 people at a time…who are part of your circles.
3. www.klout.com : Klout is more a measure of social influence than a network but uses social networks like Twitter, G+, Linked In, Instagram, Facebook and others to measure just how effective and influential once post are. How they work this out is based on likes, retweets, comments and plus ones and other criteria, You are then allocated a Klout score out of 100 and some interesting metrics like which topics your are influential in, people you influence and your viral reach.
NEWS WE LOVED 2011
1. End of the War in Iraq: Yes they lied to us, and they may have caused more harm then good, but now it’s over….good, bad or indifferent let this be a memorable lesson for the West.
2. Occupy: real democracy spreads across the world as the people let the worlds governments know that it’s time for a change.From economic protests in New York to pro-democracy in Egypt. It also showed an oppressive side of America demoting itself from being the ‘land of the free’ and reinforcing to its people that this change is important for us all, as those in power cling on to power in their own interest and not that of the people. People power…and this may be only the beginning.
3. Royal Wedding of William & Kate: in all the doom and gloom we needed a bit of joy, pomp and ceremony. This was the perfect escape….
TOP 3 POSTS ON SeenQueen.com (as determined by clicks)
1. CLUB PIX: HustlaBall 2011 by Chris Geary >>view
2. CLUB PIX: Hard On Fu*k Off >>view
3. GALLERIES: LA DEMENCE CRUISE- Fetish Party >>view
TOP 3 PAGES on SeenQueen.com (these are the pages you visited most, excluding the homepage)
HOW WAS THESE LISTS COMPILED?
These lists are not compiled by a public vote although consideration of our site visitors clicks were taken into account. They are generally lists are reflective of SeenQueen.com content. The collated data was retrieved from the posts on this site, from the frequency certain names and tags appeared on various social networks and from intelligent data collection across the web and the SeenQueen.com site. In addition opinion and reviews were taken into account provided by you from FaceBook feeds & Tweets. Observation also played a role as well the understanding of politics and how the gay scene works.
Agree or Disagree? Leave us your comments.