It’s that time again SeenQueen.com pay tribute to those that shaped the London gay scene, those we respect, value their work and contribution. Without them the gay scene would be a duller place, and at this time of year we like to show our gratitude by recognizing them here.
For many 2014 was not a good year. Globally we had Ebola, Islamic State, government backed homophobia and Russia being the asshole of the world. On the gay clubbing scene we saw deaths, club closures, dj wars and the club scene struggling with apps now becoming the place to ‘cruise’.
Saying that, it wass not all bad and this END OF YEAR LIST 2014 celebrates what was hot and what you liked on SeenQueen.com for that year. This is all about what you looked at, listened, read, loved and adored…who shook you, who made a difference and who we took note of.
Taken from our year of posts and end of year stats this is the END OF YEAR LIST 2014
TOP 3 CLUBS OF 2014
This is compiled by popularity of club posts and social media interaction.
1. WE PARTY: We continues to dominate the party scene with its lavish productions, a cast of hundreds gogos and London’s most varied, up for it and enthusiastic crowds. Many don’t go out unless it’s a WE party and this trend looks to continue.
2. XXL: XXL remains the only 100% gay club in London…attracting all the various gay tribes on a Saturday night to it’s home at Pulse. A successful formula sees the club keeps the crowds coming.
3. BEYOND: Now in its new hone of Fire, Beyond is definitely setting in well at Fire. Attracting a mixed crowd from the hottest to the scariest…it is an epic centre of over indulgence and decadence. It is also one of the capitals biggest exports to other countries showing them how we do it in London.
OTHER CLUBS worth a mention are the uberlist gAyLIST club ROOM SERVICE every Thursday in the heart of Soho and the fetish club HARD ON giving London one of it’s horniest nights once a month in Vauxhall.
TOP 3 PARTIES/EVENTS OF 2014
This is compiled by popularity of event posts and social media interaction.
1. HOTWIRED: This is one of the sexiest events we have been to attracting a quality of hunks never seen except on this night. A strict leather/rubber dress code night, HOTWIRED 2014 was one of the biggest parties yet attracting the hottest of fetish lovers from around the world. We hear they are having a special one off HOTWIRED SPORTS in May with the added addition of sports gear to the dress code.
2. SEXCIRCUS: With the absence of Hustlaball in London in 2014, Orange Nations own Sexcircus stepped up to the plate. Being the lovechild of pornstar Issac Jones and Promoter Martib Rab…it merged porn with theatrical performance to create a unique clubbing experience. The first party was held over Pride and had all the trappings of a circuit event with a lot of promise. Internationa DJs played alongside local music maetros…over 20 porn stars performed and equal amount of gogos gyrated. Add to that jugglers, flame dancers and the like and Sexcircus was born. Added sleaze was provided by the Hard On room that kept it dark and dirty while the mian room went all circuit. A second smaller party was held later in the year, but it was the first event that really showed promise of something big.
3. RECON FULL FETISH: Not for the fainthearted Full Fetish is a week of fetish events that culminates in the Full Fetish party. With individaul parties catering to various fetsih tastes, the Full Fetish party at the end attracts all the tribes for what really is a dirty night out.
OTHER PARTIES: PAPA came to London for a party at Pacha and showed us how the Israeli boys do it. London Pride and Brighton Pride were both big events further pushing gay rights and being an excuse to party too.
TOP 3 BARS
This is compiled by popularity of bar posts and social media interaction.
1. RUPERT STREET: If Soho had a heart than this late night bar would be the beat. Rupert Street is a trendy bar attracting a majorly gay and mixed crowd. Weekends see some of the scene best DJs grace the decks playing a mix of funky, deep, commercial and uplifting house.
2. KUBAR: Kubar really seem to have it right with it’s marketing, demographic and mix of club and bar in the heart of Soho. With some of the scene’s cutest bar staff, a night club with a line up of commercial house up and coming DJs and famed nights like the WAD Auction…Kubar remains one of London’s top places to be seen.
3. COMPTONS: Compton’s is an institution and in 2014 it has seen some big changes occuring thanks to bar manager and up and coming DJ James Bartlett. The venue is still the traditional gay pub we all know, but it the clientele now includes young clubbers and drinkers drawn to the bar by it’s subtle but noticeable ‘reinvention’. A wide mix of club DJs spin there every Friday and Saturday night…playing a variety of credible house, comercial remixes and vocal grooves. Thursdays sees Tasty Tim’s takeover, a fun night of retro house. The bar still offers the traditional Comptons style but now with a modern kick.
TOP 3 SCENE STARS
This is compiled by frequency our scenestars appears in our posts, the popularity of those post and the social media coverage and interaction of them.
1. ISSAC JONES: If a party was hot you would no doubt find pornstar and overall sexy boy Issac Jones somewhere in crowd, on the hosting list or on the podium. From his Thursday night party Gravity, over to Soho for Room Service and parties such as Orange, Sexcircus, Beyond, AM…he is the ultimate scene party boy.
2. SUZIE KRUEGER: She is the queen of sleaze and rules the fetish scene. Her monthly HARD ON club is known throughout Europe and is one of London’s hottest nights out (if you have a kinky side). She is also know for the massive fetish event Hotwired and she put the SEX into Sexcircus with her Hard On hosted room.
3. FAT TONY: Not only is he a living legend of a DJ he is also one of the main promoters under the Orange Nation umbrella. His main squeeze is the equally legendary Orange afterhours. He is also one of the main DJ attractions for the Orange Group and rubs shoulders with celebrities, pop stars and drag-elite.
TOP SCENE PHOTOGRAPHERS
A large part of Seenqueen is our club pix…and the backbone of this are the scene photographers. According to our statistics Chris Jepson remains one of the scene most trusted and favourite photographers…he getting the most clicks on our website for his galleries. Other props go to Joel Ryder who can be seen snapping at a wide variety of venues such as the Edge, Green Carnation, Ku Bar and Rupert Street. Nicophoto is another one of our favourite snappers who is often caught catching the hotties at Beyond, WE and Matinee events. Final props go to Mark Storey who not only deliver hot fetish images but a wide variety of East London clubs.
OUR FAVOURITE LONDON BASED DJS
There are plenty of London DJs to choose from, but these are out favourites.
1. FABIO LUIGI: His passion for music and love of house is reflected in every set he delivers. He would have to be one of the hottest DJs on the London and international scene spinning at events and parties like Circuit, Week, We, Matinee, Beyond. He has a great connection to the crowd and delivers what they want. Fabio Luigi is the DJ of the year 2014.
2. PAGANO: Francesco Pagano is the definition of an international DJ. Playing globally…a circuit party really isn’t one if his ame isn’t on the list. He can be heard spinning frequently on Atlantis Cruises, La Demence, Circuit, WE…and many many more. Not only is he recognized as highly demanded international DJ but also an accomplished producer with his tracks high in the online dance charts and dropped at most parties and events.
3. LEE HARRIS: Lee is our personal favourite topping our summer podcast charts and having the 5th most popular podcast of the year (see below). He likes to get down as much as he parties and his music is chunky, energetic and instantly accessible…be it a hughe commercial house tune or a banging dirty beat.
TOP 5 POSTS OF 2014
This is what you viewed most on our website this year. Click on the link in case you may have missed out and want to see what we all were looking at.
1. GAY BASHING AN OLYMPIC SPORT : Horrific video of gays being assaulted in Russia after a ‘clause 28’ type law is passed.
2. DICKMATIZED : A very funny music video featuring hot dudes and bouncing cocks.
3. GAY BASHED BY OFFER NISSIM : International DJ Micky Friedman makes a public statement about an incident between him & Offer Nissim at a circuit event.
4. INTERVIEW WITH A TRUVADA WHORE : We talk to a man who is currently on a trial for a new HIV treatment called PrEP that protects HIV negative men from catching and passing on HIV.
5. CLUB PIX: SEXCIRCUS EASTER 2014: Our collection of images taken at the party that was to rival the Hustlball.
TOP 5 CLUB PIX GALLERIES OF 2014
We collate and take hundred of club pix form some of the hottest events in London…and these were the galleries you checked out the most. One thing we did notice that the top 5 galleries all were taken at fetish events…many where porn stars performed and made appearances. Sex certainly does sell!
3. CLUB PIX: THE HOTTEST PIX OF 2013 : all the hunk and spunks from 2013 that we loved and shared.
HOTTEST 10 PIX FROM 2014
Out of all the pics we posted in 2014…these are the ones you clicked on most!
TOP 5 PODCASTS OF 2014
We only list the hottest DJs and the best sounds on SeenQueen.com from London and the world, but what podcasts did you love the most in 2014?
1. 30 DEGREES by Brent Nicholls
=2. MATINEE SUMMER 2014 by Fabio Luigi
=2. BEYOND by GSP
4. DEEPER 18 by Zach Burns (link no longer valid)
5. HOUSE NATION 101 MAY 2014 by Lee Harris
TOP 3 PAGES
As measured by clicks…these are the top 3 pages you visited on SQ (excluding our homepage)
1. PODCASTS: A dynamic collection of some of the hottest podcasts by some of the biggest DJs here in London and around the world. All podcasts are linked for streaming and/or downloading….
2. GYMS: Our listing of the top gay and gay friendly gyms in London.
3. CLUB PIX: the hottest guys in the hottest clubs taken by some of the scenes best photographers.